[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 shifter problem...

Has anyone noticed any difficulty getting into 1st gear with an E36 5 speed?

It seems that if the car is completely stopped, the gear lever is gated and it
takes a pretty hefty effort to engage the gear.  If one moves the gear selector
back after hitting the "gate" then moves back towards 1st, it flows pretty
easily.  It is also "normal" and easy if you move the selector towards 2nd (not
engaging it at all) then move to engage 1st.

Any suggestions???  The car has only 14000 mi on it and under warranty.
Basically I am looking for a cause to tell the dealer so they don't tell me
that I am insane!

Thanks,

Jim