[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Alpine Alarm

I have the BMW/Alpine alarm in my '93 325is and find
it to work quite well.  A few "user interface" issues
but in general it does the job and installs with ease!

Question to the group:

        Is there an internal switch/jumper setting that
        will cause the parking lights to flash along
        with (or instead of) the chirps of the siren
        while one locks and/or arms the system?

In high noise areas it is difficult for me to hear the
chirps.  More than once I have thought I locked and armed
the system (I heard a (3?) chirp) later to find that my kid
did not fully close his door and the car was UNLOCKED!

I have taken to squatting down to see the interior lights
go out as a positive(?) confirmation.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

    _/     _/   _/  _/    _/           tda@domain.elided