[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #93

Excerpts from internet.bmw: 29-Nov-94 bmw-digest V2 #93 by
owner-bmw-digest@balltow
> >       Can I get a reading from the 535i owners out there if this car
normally

> >rides this way, or if we should reduce our offer to accomodate new shocks.
> >BTW, I don't mean to imply the car rides like my parent's Buick; it is still
>
> >solid, just a bit less firm than I was expecting.
>
> Had a similar prob with an 62K 89 535i; when compared to a 93 525i, it was
> way mushy and tended to fishtail during spirited driving.
>
> I ended up getting Bilstein Sport shocks and Racing Dynamics springs. This
> might be venturing a little too far into the sport sedan category for some
> folks-- the ride is a little stiff, you become far more aware of pebbles (not
> to mention grooves) on the road. I understand they'll loosen about 5% over
> the next 500 miles.

Had a similar problem on my '90 535i at 77K.  The original shocks were
shot.  Replaced them with Bilsteins.  Same story: Vastly improved
handling but stiff ride (though after three weeks I'm used to it now).
If I had to do it over again I think I'd get the stocks.

- ----Joe