[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Guibo revisited

Hokay,

the excitement was all for nothing.  The brief  2 am test drive didn't reveal
a _new_ vibration now at 25 mph.  And when I really step on the gas I can still
feel a ghost of the old vibration, but it's down at about 10 mph now instead of
15.  Maybe (fingers crossed) I didn't get my marks matched up when I put the
splines together, or maybe I wasn't careful enough with the u-joints.  The car
is tighter and smoother though for the most part.  Updates will follow after I
take it apart again.

And even worse, now the hydraulic accumulator has quit working.  Aaargh!

Garrrett
83 533i  181k     ....Lord, have mercy on my poor broken bimmer.........