[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2002 muffler

Christopher Kent asked about replacements for his 2002 muffler, which
had broken its pipe ahead of the can.
He asked if a straight pipe is OK, given his performance desires:
	NO NO NO way will it be quiet enough.  I've driven
a car with an Ansa performance resonator only, straight pipe out the
back, and you _will_ make friends with the local boys in blue with
that if you drive with any throttle at all.
	If you're going to add performance, I'd suggest a straight-
through RESONATOR section (I have that now on my '75 2002 (WHICH IS
STILL FOR SALE)) and stock muffler, it was good for 3 mph at the top
end, a tad more bass under full throttle, but nary enough to notice.
Even better, a nice 2" exhaust with appropriate Turbo-type muffler
would be even better, nice note, legal noise level.

				thi v.