[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Cold-start problems

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you who own E36 325i's have experienced
real hard cold starting .. especially around 20F (-5C) at altitude

My wife's car (which I was using) would (almost) not start and is
sitting at the dealer right now ...

I was told that 4 other 325i's were dead last week with the same problem,
and 2 or 3 were towed in .... it's too rich for our thin air at altitude

The official line is "an EPROM fix is coming"

The unoffical line is "The EPROM guy hasn't a clue!"

So, I went back into the 413 box and have found the start enrichment
table (map) which I'm modifying to lean it out a bit (it's WAY too
rich) ...

I'm going to call NA tomorrow and be a royal PITA until I get to speak with
*someone* of authority (like Doolan himself) ...

What I want to know, is if anyone else has experienced this problem, and
is waiting for a cure ...

They fired Bill Lebretti (the old, knowledgeable EPROM guy) and hired this
guy Rudi S. .. who, unfortunately knows neither EPROMS, nor Motronic :(

Please email me directly at jec@domain.elided

Thanks

   Jim Conforti

   94  325i  Mac