[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cracked Valves

The reason I mentioned the cracked valves was that although the info I have
seen states that 2002s will run on  relatively low octane fuel (>92), I
have read nothing official concerning unleaded, and wondered wether the
lead was required to lower valve head temperatures ( I read somewhere that
lead on the exhaust seat helps heat conduction). What I really want is
a definitive statement on the use of unleaded in a 2002 (and maybe
confirmation that there were no differences between a US spec and European
spec 121TI cylinder head and valves...). Any info anyone?

Thanks,

Dave Lacey.