[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 95 model tires

*I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the H-rated tires
*cost half as much as the Z-rated tires, and the H-rated tires are made in
*the US?

*I drove those tires over 100 mph on the autobahn and the ride and
*handling were not good. On the other hand, they have a tread wear rating
*of 300, which means they will probably last 50,000 miles.

i have long suspected that Michelin cuts a sweetheart deal with
the european auto manufacturers to get their tires used as OE
in the US market; the notion would be that many buyers of replacement
tires will tend to just put on more-of-same.

i don't know what is stock on the 95 530i that you just bought,
but i do know that there are H-rated tires and then there are H-rated
tires; as a matter of fact, the H-rated Yokohama A509s i ended up
putting on my sedan were better tires than the V-rated Michelin MXVs
that came on the car stock.

as always, your mileage may vary.

richard