[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Electrical problems with my new tii (V2 #54)

On Sat, 12 Nov 1994, Stephan Woodward <betatosw@domain.elided> wrote:

>For the turn signals to work you have to hold them down.  Anyone have
>this problem? Any cure?

My tii has the same problem, only after two or three tries they stay down.
I think that a detent in the switch must be worn, though I have not taken it
apart to see if I can fix it myself.

>Also the temp guage jumps to hot when I use the brakes (isn't that odd?).
>So my suspect is a ground somewhere.

My temp gauge used to jump toward the red when the lights were on, and
bounce up and down when I had the turn signal on or hit the brakes.  I agree
that it is most likely a ground problem.  I fixed mine when I pulled out the
instrument cluster and saw that the three-pronged cable which goes to the
clock (which has not worked for the last 10 years) was a little loose.
Pushed it on tighter and the problem went away.

- --Fred Beck
  '73 2002tii
  FABeck@domain.elided