[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New 740i

> Then I went home and looked at the brochure.  It comes with *H*-rated
> tires!!!  And the top speed is governed at 128mph!  What was BMW NA
> thinking???

Not to start any flames, but I suppose they were thinking that 128 mph is
almost twice the legal speed limit in any state and that few people would
be out auto-x'ing a 7-series.  The only reason for V-rated tires in the
states would be better grip, but I would guess the target audience probably
isn't going to miss it much.  Now the 3'ers...Well that's a different story...