[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

recall notice

As a 1990 Canadian 325iX owner, I just recieve a recall notice: "Your
car is equipped with a fuel feed hose that could harden & set over
time due to engine compartment temperatures. If this occurs, seepage
between the hose & fitting could result. The seepage tends to occur
only at or immediately after engine start up & is association with a
conspicious fuel odour. The repair will consit of replacing the fuel
feed hose(s) & associated clamps with a new design, and will require
approx. 1-2 hours,,, Prolonged neflect of the situation could escalate
into a fuel leakage hazard."

Have others experienced/dealt with this?

We don't smell anything at startup so I am inclined to let this wait
till my next service (3-4 months). I am too klutzky & underequipped to
work on my own car.

As Canadian & US cars are almost always almost identical, has the US
experienced this too?

Should I ask them to put in braided fuel lines at the same time, or is
that a whole other matter?
- --
Barry Wellman           wellman@domain.elided            8-)