[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Aftermarket igntion

To add my $.02 worth to the thread of what igniton to try. I've used the
Allison, now Crane photo-electric system for over 20years. I've only replaced
one set of points in my 2002 in 21years of ownership. The warranty of a
Crane(Allison) is GREAT. I once had a sensor unit fail, no cost for a NEW
system that was a newer model than my original. I took out the one in my wife
old Toyota and sent it in for a checkup, there was a small frayed wire, and
got another new one back in its place. I  think that security is worth some
peace of mind if one plans to keep a car for awhile. It can be transfered
from one car to another by get getting a new small parts kit with a new
control rotor. The installation is not diffficult and the dwell stays forever
correct and the only timing change should be timing chain(belt) stretch. I
believe JC Whitney sells them for under $100. Hope this helps.