[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 M3 performance ...

Is 5.3 0-60 a realistic time .. sure, if you're slipping the clutch and
basically doing whatever it takes to get the best times ..

As long as you understand that BMW's "offcial" ratings of 225 lb/ft, 240HP
are VERY conservative ... as is the "offical" 0-60 time of 6.1 sec

NOT abusing the car, the 0-60 time is sub 6 seconds .. STOCK ...

Add the K&N filter it drops a little ..

Add a chip ... it drops a little more ..

Probably, chipped/K&N'd it'd do 5.0 or so to 60 if you really wonk it hard !!

However, numbers be damned, it's not the 0-60 that this car was created for...

it's those fun 70-120 runs .... :) :) :)

And YES, I have a good chip for the E36 M3, and YES, it's been tested by
THREE seperate individuals .. MYSELF, one of my CCA Chaptermates, and another
M3 lovin' list member, who shall remain nameless ....

(Names omitted to protect the NOT so innocent )

Simply put,

The BMW M3 is a WORLD CLASS CAR, exotic car performance with a daily-driver
practicality .. just look at the C/D Road Test Review pages and compare the
M3 numbers to EVERYTHING else out there .. it'll surprize you!

Jim (M3 face) Conforti