[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

6 series Instr Cluster Removal

I'm trying to replace the batteries for the service indicator on a 1984
M635CSi. I've read the FAQ but am having trouble removing the cluster. I
found the two screws under the right 4" by 1" trim piece and also the two
screws under the left self-test panel. I can get the cluster to pull
forward about two inches but that's it. The headlight switch and the fog
light switch are also coming forward so it sounds different than the other
models. Note, I do have the steering column pulled all the way to the rear.
Is there a trick or is this a brute force maneuver. I prefer the first to
the second.

Thanks for any help.

Mike Fabian
michael.k.fabian.2@domain.elided