[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

3.0CS

I'm going to look at a '73 3.0CS this weekend.  It has 30k on a rebuilt
engine (not done by a professional), a 5 speed transmission (also 30k), no
tears in the leather, 3 45DCOE Webers and a 300 degree cam.  Unfortunately
it has some rust, at least one patch of which is on the rear fender (which
scares me b/c it's tougher to replace).  The owner wants $7,800 and says
he's flexible on price.  Quick questions:

1)  What does the price seem like assuming the rust is not that serious
2)  I have heard coupes are much worse than 2002s in terms of rust.  Is
this so?  If so what are the bad areas in terms of rust developing and the
toughest areas to repair
3)  I had a Bavaria for a few years, and it's starter switch failed about
five times (forcing me to hot wire the car to get it going).  Other than
that the Bavaria was actually quite reliable and very fast.  Am I likely to
have similar (or other recurring) problems with a 3.0 or 2800CS?

thanks for any help,
Ware
'72 2002tii