[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ECU BURNING / MODIFYING

Hello Jim,

I have read your posts on the reprogramming of the S50US ECU. You said
that the ECU is a 27512 EPROM.

I am planning to get a chip burner for my office and I want one that I can use
to modify the S50US (95M3) chip. Do you (or anybody else that's as
knowledgable) any recommendations on the Hardware and software required ?

I am planning to buy an EPROMM programmer by MODULAR CIRCUIT TECHNOLOGY
(MOD-MEP-4A) that also makes 4 copies of most chips in 20secs. hmmmmm ;)

This should program (and make copies) of most chips out there including the
BMW ECU. I found the hardware on the JDR Microdevices catalog (800)538-5000
for $200. Thats cheaper than buying the Dinan Chip, hmmmm !? ;>

I would appreciate any input or hints on the BMW ECU reprogramming process.
Thanks in advance.

BTW, I not affiliated with any of the above products ; I am not even a happy
customer (yet).

Regards
Vlasis                       VLASIS.THEODORE@domain.elided
Used UFO Dealer