[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2000TiLUX

> Ok .. this is a rare one in this country ...
>
> One of my chapter members happens to have one ... very few were imported
>
> Picture a 4-DOOR 2002 ... that's the bodystyle .. real nice, I might add
>
> As far as what engine it came with .. I do not know ..

The 2000TI and the 2000tilux, as well as the 2000CS and 2002TI, came with
the 2 liter, with 9.3:1 compression (higher than the standard non-TI cars)
and twin Solex 40PHH carbs.  Standard cam, head, exhaust, etc.

> But it would be a true bimmerphyle that would ADD the tii motor and it's
> complex mechanical injection, just for grins ..

There were acutally some 2000TII's produced from the factory, with the 2000
or 2000tilux body/trim (there are some subtle differences in how BMW named
these models) and the 130HP Kugelfischer injected engine.  Note that the
2000TII would be BMW's first fuel injected production car.

Ben