[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Starting problem

Hi fellow netters,

I have a little problem that I am sure someone else has had in the past.
My '88 325i is a bit slow starting (average 4-5 seconds) when the
temperature is not too low - 10 deg. C and above-  with the engine cold
(stopped for 2 hrs. or more).

When the engine is hot it starts normally, in about 1 second.

If the outside temperature is cold - below 5 deg. C - the engine starts
quickly even in the morning.

I can't tell whether it is due to fuel or spark.

My other car (wife's, an '86 325 e) starts perfect every time no matter
what condition. I am a little concerned of having starting problems when
the real winter comes, so I would like to solve the problem asap.

Your knowledge and experience will be appreciated.

Thanks

                \ | /                        | Fernando C. Lebron
                 o o                         | University Hospital
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ mm_ ^ _mm _ _ _ _ _ _          | London, Ontario, Canada