[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New: 320i

Electrical voodoo you say?  Sounds oddly like a gremlin my 78 320 developed.
1/2 the headlights, no running lights. Then all the running lights and no
low beams.  Then all headlights but no dashlights.  Radio at will and at random.No hazard lights at all.  Being an anti-DYI-er (Mechanical Idiot) I replaced
all fuses, cleaned all terminals and hoped for the best.  This cured the
headlight problem only, and then I lost one of the highs again.  When the
gremlin began to keep me from starting, I gave up and went wallet in hand
to my mechanic.  Verdict: an errant ground wire making contact at the loom.
Took them forever to figure it out but cheap to fix.  Now everything works
as advertised but the inside hazard light flashes whenever i use my right
turn signal. Go figure.  Im just going to consider it an endearing quirk
and ignore it.
    Good luck with the voodoo - I'll be very interested to see if your
electrical weirdness is similar to mine.

	_ Loren _ 1978 320i