[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New: 320i.

On Thu, 20 Oct 1994, Jeffrey Andrew Campbell wrote:
> 	Listen you little jerk, you mentioned in your original post that the
> car had a bunch of serious problems.  You said you aquired the car, nor

Yes, it has a few serious quirks here and there.  Most of these are
fixable, with enough time.

> purchased it.  You made no mention of it being your only transportation.
> The main thrust of the message semmed to be asking what you should do
> with the car.  You obtained it cheaply, didn't seem to need it as

Uhh...No.  The main thrust of the message was general advice, and stuff
about what problems should I worry about (as someone else mentioned, that
320's tend to be very prone to rusting into tiny little pieces).  I meant
like, comments like this.

> transport, and it had a bunch of time consuming problems to fix.  You
> asked for peoples opinions and ideas.  I simply suggested that the
> easiest and most cost effective thing to do would be to part it out.  You
> could make some money, perhaps to help cove the lost you faced when you
> had to enact the lien on it.

If your suggestion was to part it, fine.  That's your suggestion, maybe
you caught me in a prickly mood.  However, I did the numbers on parting
it out, the engine is...to be blunt, fucked.  The clutch was changed two
days ago (it's more complicated than I thought it would be.)  It wouldn't
be practical to part the car, the only logical solution for me, would be
to junk it. :)  Heh, seriously, I'm keeping the car even thought my
better judgement tells me not to.  I've gone through a number of cars
that my judgement told me to sell, then oddly enough after I got rid of
them, they delevoped a rash of problems.  Something about TLC, I suppose.

> 	If you don't want advice, don't post questions to the list and ask
> for it.  And if you get advice you are not interested, don't bother
> wasting everyone's time by being an immature little jerk and flamming.

I suppose, useful advice?  I've always been told that the only time you
part out a car, is when it's inoperable.  Not when it runs.

> If you ask for an opinion in a public forum, and you get a reasonable
> response, where do you get the idea that you can flame the very people
> you asked for help?

Perhaps, we don't define reasonable the same way, and again, perhaps I
was in a prickly mood that day, obviously it's not an excuse but then again.

> 	As a fellow 320i owner, you have certainly alienated me from any of
> the help you seem to need.

Don't laugh, I seem to have done that at the local Dodge dealer too,
something about my being picky about their getting my engine dirty.  If
your alienated, what do you want, a public apoligy?  <Shrugs>  I could
post it, but what's the point?