[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tire Rotation and GS-N's

>...The reason that manufacuters
>recommend against rotating from one side to the other is that it could cause
>the belts in the tire to slip. Moving the tire to the other side changes the
>direction of forces (somewhat) and can cause the belts inside the tire to
>move and change the balance of the tire (info from a manufacutuer, i cant
>remember where exactly I read it though)...

I've heard this from many people, but never from any more reliable
source.  Does anyone know FOR SURE if this is true, or out of date
info, or folklore?  I've been swapping the direction of rotation of my
tires for years, and never had a tire fail or any problems like
mysterious balance trouble or uneven wear or bubbling that it was
supposed to cause.

rick