[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New "digestifier"

*          I got digest #1013 (Monday 3PM) as the last one of the old
*          series.  After that I have only gotten #1 and #3 of the new
*          series.  Since it is three times a day, I presume I should be in
*          something like #6 by now.

the schedule has been revised in light of the new digestifier.
the digest is now sent out each evening.  the thrice-daily schedule
has been dropped, as the new digestifier incorporates the much-needed
feature of on-demand transmission; when the queue of messages to be
digested exceeds 40,000 characters, digests will be automagically
generated.  this will largely end the problem of "wedged" digests.

i'll double check on the procedure for fetching digests and send a note
to the list.  i have no idea where digest #2 has gotten to; i'll check on
that too.

richard