[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'95 M5 for Canada...

I have just heard a rumour a few days ago that Canada will be about 40
copies of the 1995 M5 with the higher horsepower engine and the six speed
transmission from the European M5 currently available across the
Atlantic.  This car is being offered as a compensation for us not getting
any more new E36 M3s, unlike the US.  The reason given was that the 45
owners who shelled about $71,000 Cdn. would not be happy with BMW Canada
if it brought in more cars and deflated the value of their investment.  I
guess the M5 is pretty good compensation, but I hate to think what the
price of those 40 cars would be considering that the prices on the last
batch of M3s was so high.

		* Roy Kao - e0ewqbwu@domain.elided *
		*    '93 VW Corrado VR6, '88 BMW 635CSi	   *
		*     "Why fly when you can DRIVE?...."    *