[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Block the rear passenger freezing-cold air vent? (repost)

    (repost,  lost in changover to new "digester")

    I have a 1987 730i (E32) and have a problem with the vent for the
    rear seat passengers - basically, it won't switch off fully, and
    always pushes out unheated air. The cold air also seems to leak
    out around the (auto) gear-selector and the cowling all along the
    transmission tunnel. This makes for miserable driving all winter.
    I would like to block this vent altogether, but don't want to pull
    out the gear selector and so forth  without knowing if I can fit
    it all back without breaking things. Maybe there's another
    solution I've not thought of.

    Anyone had a similar problem?

    Steve Anders, Zurich, Switzerland.    (anders@domain.elided)