[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problems Big and Small (Was Anti-freeze

> From: Steven J Bernstein <stevenb@domain.elided>
> Subj: Re: Anti-freeze
> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 15:17:52 EDT

lots of stuff deleted

> And, besides, if you change the anti-freeze once every two years, why the
> hell are people quibbling over saving $12?????? ($6 price difference x 2
> gallons) I understand that about as much as I understand why people are
> going nutso trying to make a mickey-mouse repair to a $5 brake sensor!
>
> Confused today, as I ponder a new driveshaft ($$), tranny ($$$$), and
> steering box($$).... ahhhh, the demise of the Internet...
> .steve.
> 1983 528e
> 228k

IMHO, every problem seems big to someone that has it -- If the only problem
I had with my car (I wish) was a squeaky door, then it would really bother
me till I fixed it.

Like you, I have a probable dying tranny, but all the other little things
that don't work right bother me just as much, except, even with my very limited
expertise, I *CAN* fix them and derive my little pleasure from doing it.

I'd say lets not try to rank problems in terms of how difficult/expensive
they are to solve, and certainly not in terms of how big they seem from our
own viewpoint. This is a great group and I have gained tremendous respect
for all you folks.                             . <-- A moment of silence :-)

Ahsun

ps: I have a squeaky door. Any suggestions? -- No, seriously, I do. everything
seems tight and the door seems to seat properly with even spacing all around.
the noise seems to be coming mainly from the hinged end. Thanks.

pps: Other problems in order of annoyance factor later. :-)
Ahsun H. Murad (murad@domain.elided)