[bmw] OBD-II codes 1523, 1478

A couple of weeks ago the engine light came on in my 2000 328i.  I got
myself a scan tool and was able to read codes 1523 and 1478.  That's all
well and good, except that I can't seem to find a good source for
understanding what the codes are trying to tell me.

Does anyone know of a good source for understanding what these codes are
and what they actually mean?  The car seems to be running fine except
that the idle is sometimes unsteady.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

John