[bmw] Daytime Running Lights

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone on the digest could recommend a course of action for me.

I'm importing my 525iT into Canada and the government requires Daytime Running Lights. I suspect the easiest way to make this mod is replace the headlight relay. Is this a correct assumption? Would any of you know which relay needs to be replaced and how to find it amongst all the other red and yellow relays? I have sourced out a wrecked, early 90s 5-er and would love to yank the relay out of that, install in mine and be done with it. (While I'm at it, I'll probably grab the LKM, too.)

I have to tackle the same problem on my '97 3-er.

Any advice and precautionary notes for both cars are appreciated.

Best,
Stephen