[bmw] Locked out of 94 325i convertible

The electronic door locks on my e36 convertible are freaking out. All the
doors unlock when I turn the key or unlock the trunk, but when I try to
operate the door handle nothing happens.

Even if I don't lock the door, the door handles don't work. I've had to
leave the window partially down, reach in and open the door from the
inside.

Bentley's hasn't been much help any DiY suggestions before I take it to
the shop?