[bmw] Re: E30 dead

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Matt Brannock wrote:

> > Yesterday my daughters 91 325i, automatic, running fine. Today, won't
> start.
> > When key is turned, all indicator lights come on, but no sound from
> > engine/starter at all. As if battery was disconnected, except for
> indicator lights. Any
> > suggestions on where to look first? Thanks.

 I had an e21 ignition switch fail.  Just the starter part of it.  I
ended up wiring a small red button from radio shack into the steering
column.  Turn the key on, press button to start.  :)
 Or it could be the starter.

--
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro