[bmw] Re: Odd question, Brake Reservoirs

Alex,
I don't know if this will help or not, but I know that the cap on the brake and clutch fluid reservoirs on my Alfa Romeo Spider both screw onto the reservoir on my old E-30.  I also know that any modern bmw or Alfa used the same type of reservoir cap as any other bmw or alfa.  I think you might try looking at other european cars for options as well.  It seems like they all tend to use one of only a couple of brands of brake parts. . .ATE being the most common.  I also seem to remember that late model 540's have the Brake master located in a wierd spot right behind the headlights due to a cramped engine bay (I could be wrong on the model, might have been a 7, but I'm pretty sure it was a V-8 car from late nineties or later), I don't remember if the reservoir is on top or not.
Sorry I can't tell you which car to check specifically, but I hope this helps. . .
Jake Hahn
93 BMW 318i