[bmw] Re: E39 purchase

In a message dated 1/13/04 2:18:36 PM Mountain Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:
.  Tire/Road noise:  This vehicle has the sport package and I have owned or
driven other BMW's with the sport package, but none were as loud as this
vehicle.  The noise from the front two tires at low speeds seems to be above
the comfort level, while at highway speeds, road/tire noises seem to be
undetectable.  Would a change in rubber (currently Bridgestone) eliminate
the road noise as low speeds?
I've had some problems with noise from my front tire on an E39 sport package.
Check the inside of the front tires for feathering. If you find it maybe you
can deal in a new set.
Fred Callender RMC