I watched this eBay auction for this car, only to see that the seller pulled the ad 'because of an error in the listing.'

I hope the seller or Evan Evans can explain why this car was listed on eBay without a reserve price then pulled!

, John McCawley

In a message dated 1/12/2004 11:14:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:28:12 -0500
From: "Tom Borden" <te.borden@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] Battery question -- Evans' car's a beauty ain't it?

The transplant has been done, but...

I recently needed to replace my 1988 528e's five-year-old Interstate
battery. Since I'm unemployed and car needs attention in many areas, I
sprung for a cheapie, an Energizer at Pep Boys. According to the chart, the
battery should be group 93. When I got the 14"-wide behemoth home, I
realized the Interstate was 10.5" wide.

I removed a couple of neighboring parts, but still couldn't get the 93-sized
battery into the bay. Returned it, and wound up putting in a group 91
Delco. The Delco catalog calls for a group 93 size as well, so I guess my
questions are, is there anyone out there who has successfully mounted a
group 93 into a 1988 528e, and how?

Otherwise, Happy Motoring.

Tom Borden

P.S. Evan Evans' 3's a beauty, huh!?!