[bmw] Battery question -- Evans' car's a beauty ain't it?

The transplant has been done, but...

I recently needed to replace my 1988 528e's five-year-old Interstate
battery.  Since I'm unemployed and car needs attention in many areas, I
sprung for a cheapie, an Energizer at Pep Boys. According to the chart, the
battery should be group 93. When I got the 14"-wide behemoth home, I
realized the Interstate was 10.5" wide.

I removed a couple of neighboring parts, but still couldn't get the 93-sized
battery into the bay.  Returned it, and wound up putting in a group 91
Delco. The Delco catalog calls for a group 93 size as well, so I guess my
questions are, is there anyone out there who has successfully mounted a
group 93 into a 1988 528e, and how?

Otherwise, Happy Motoring.

Tom Borden

P.S. Evan Evans' 3's a beauty, huh!?!