[bmw] Re: 88 735i check engine light.

Hello all,

I have a recent problem with my 88 735i (E32) the check engine light has come on and the engine on occasion seems to lack power, for a second or two and then is right back to normal With the exception - a little rough at idle. The car has had a recent complete tune up and the injectors are new? Is there a way to check the codes without hooking up to a scanner any ideas what it could be the car has 235,000 Kilometers and has been owned since new so the history is know all original?

Thank you all in advance,
Emilio

Toronto Canada,

88 BMW 735i