[bmw] 325e idle problems

Hi fellow Listers,

I recently joined the list after purchasing my first BMW.  It's a 1987 325e
that I picked up at a local auction for a project car.

It's got 135k miles and runs well, however, it wants to idle at about 1,100
rpm.  I'm very mechanical with muscle cars, but am not familiar with
European engineering.

I see there is an "idle control module" and "valve" that could be causing
the problem (?).  I was also thinking maybe the oxygen sensor might be bad
(?).  I was hoping to narrow it down before I start buying parts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Harrison Twp, MI