From: Mike Jones <mike.mary@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] Corrosion and the E36...

Hello List:

Yet another E36 question...

I've been looking and looking at a particular 1997 M3/4 (5 speed) which
is located in the Northern portion of the US. I wasn't really thinking
about corrosion being an issue, but somebody mentioned that could be a
concern considering the salt used on the roads during the winter. The
winters where I'm located aren't all that harsh and are usually short
and gravel is the only thing put down on the roads.  I had a
pre-purchase inspection done (long distance purchase) and the mechanic
didn't say anything about any rust spots or corrosion.

I've hard that  BMW uses an excellent form of corrosion proofing and
shouldn't be worried or should I...

Anyway, thanks for any and all information.

Best regards,
 Mike                            mailto:mike.mary@domain.elided