[bmw] re: colder plugs

I don't have my books with me now to see if I can find a plug for you.

But a "semi suface discharge" spark plug generates a spark that, over part
of its length, tracks across the surface of the insulator. This allows a
longer spark for a given voltage and helps clean the plug when it is
cool. The "semi" means that the spark also spans a gap, which give
protection against the sudden and complete fouling that plagues true
surface discharge plugs.

The Bosch Platinum Plus Four is an example of a SSD plug.

-tc

--
Ted Crum
tedcrum@domain.elided