[bmw] Strut change

I just came in from the garage..big storm here in Maine tonite.. 1:00 AM now..
I started to put the snow tires on at 9:00pm..I have a set of replacement warranty Bilsteins sitting in the garage..I was just going to change the tires..BUT...
Now the car is jacked and the wheels are off, and I have an impact gun in my hand..Hmm lookie here, only three bolts to drop the strut top, three for the bottom on my 88 735i..150 k miles on these struts...It will never be easier than right now to pull the struts.. yeah thats the ticket, Ill just pull em and deal with it tomorrow..well, I jammed the calipers back with a big screwdriver, and pulled the brakets with the slider assy. still intact, undid the swaybar link, the brake sensor wire, and the ABS senders...it was 11:00 then, maybe I'll go find my strut compressor..be ready for tomorrow..Found it and my big sockets...Well I guess I'll just set up the compressor on a strut..hmm i'll run it with the impact wrench..might as well pull the insert....might as well put the new one in and put it back on the car (untorqued)..Might as well do the other side..So I did..there she sits with the new struts in the housings, springs on, and reinstalled..All I need to do tomorrow is slam the calipers back on and tighten the bolts, and put the snowtires on..maybe I'll check if I can cut the brake rotor, as it seems to have some runout and its almost new..the old struts are packed and ready for the Bilstien warranty evaluation.. I think I'm down to about 1-1.3 hrs. per side now..

Dave Leonard (Night shift Mechanic)
I love new suspensions...