[bmw] Temperature gauge

Stephen,
Some change in temperature as the speed changes should be expected. Remember
at speed more air goes across the radiator which makes the engine run cooler.
If it's only a small amount and you have heat from the heater I would not
worry about it.
Although it is not good to run an engine at less than normal temperatures.
So if the gauge is not coming up close to the middle then I would replace the
thermostat.
There are 3 different temp thermostats available for most BMW's. Depending on
you climate, North or South choose accordingly.
I'm in Atlanta and run the middle range stat. Up North I would use the highest
temp.
Nothing worse than an overheating car in the summer.
Hope this helps.
Gary
84-533 250k