[bmw] <e34> Dead OBC

Hi fellow digesters.

I removed my OBC to change a light bulb (the light for the buttons), and when I refitted the OBC, it just was dead. However, the light on the buttons was working again.

The display in the instrument cluster is working and showing the parameters from the OBC correctly, but the time is like --:--, and I am not able to set the time with the buttons on the OBC. So I don't think it is the two other bulbs (for backlighting the display).

I checked all the fuses in the fuse box in the engine compartment, but they look ok. I fear that my OBC is fried, and needs to be replaced.

I have seen several posts about this on the e34 message board on roadfly.org, but no solutions.

Has anyone actually fixed a similar problem out there?

--
-OJ '88 BMW 535i