[bmw] Re:e28 idle surge

Larry - the surging you describe is most likely caused by a faulty Idle
Control Valve (ICV).  See http://home.att.net/~ebaines/528e.htm for a quick
description of how I repaired mine on my '86 528e.  In some cases all that's
needed is a shot of WD-40 to free up the sticky plunger inside the valve.  I
highly recommend that you invest in a copy of the Bentley Repair Manual - it
will show you where the ICV is, and how to test it using an ohmeter.  Good
luck.

-Chip