[bmw] 328iC Suspension

I have a SPAX kit for a 97 328iC which I intend to install on my 328iC. The
SPAX kit comes with new springs which lower the front end 40m/m (1.58") and
the rear the same amount. The struts are adjustable for 16 different
firmness setting (like Koni). I am not sure I want to drop the car 1.58" and
I know BMW has rubber spring spacers of various thickness which would only
drop the car 1". The 328iC has softer springs probably due to the extra
weight of this car over other BMW e36's I have owned and do own.
My question is; Will the rubber spaces which are about 1/2" cause any
problems and has anyone else tried to firm up the convertible suspension
replacing stock springs with a firmer lowered spring with shorter struts?
Suspension is very soft compared to my stock M-3. I don't think I will over
power the chassis with this kit as it is used in Europe as a common way to
improve handling without sacrificing ride quality. I don't mind stiffer but
I put sport Bilsteins on my 325is with sport suspension and the car would
literally bounce over expansion strips, way too stiff.
thanks