[bmw] RSM removal

Hello all,

I have a 97 M3 with a Dinan Stage 2 (Koni) suspension.  My rear shock
mounts (stock) were starting to fail so I decided to replace them today
with a set of Ground Control RSMs.  Unfortunately, I can't get the old
RSMs off the shocks.  I removed the nut and top plate from the center of
the shock mount but it won't budge at all.  On the other shock, the
rubber was such bad shape, it pulled right out of the metal piece of the
RSM.

Here is one of the many web pages I've been using as I guide:
http://www.racepad.com/tech/bmw/change_rear_shock_mounts/change_rear_sho
ck_mounts.htm. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
97 M3