[bmw] ABS sensor, part 2

All,

I finally found time to replace the driver's rear ABS sensor. The old one didn't look like it was bad, just dirty. (is dirt in there bad? :)

I didn't replace the liner, but I popped the wheel on and took it for a road test. ABS light was out, speedometer worked again. The world was good.

After the road test I popped the wheel back off, installed the liner, and cleaned it up. Started it back up and the speedo was once again gone and the ABS light was back on.

Figuring a short/open, I went back to the and checked the connections. All good. Pushed and pulled at the wires back from the connector - no good.

Bentley doesn't document a way to test the sensor. Schematics show that both lines to the sensor go into the emitter side of two transistors.

Does anyone know of a way to test these sensors or the wires back to the control module without taking half the passenger side dash apart to reach the ABS computer harness?

Thanks!

- Matt