[bmw] re: radio code

barton asks
>My battery went dead, and my stereo is now requesting the code.
> if anyone can remind me of the proper way to enter factory
>stereo codes, that would be great

barton,

the radio is expecting the correct sequence and 'beeps' when the sequence is
finished.. sooo if you get out of order you will never get it right

for instance, if the code is 1 2 3 4 5 and you are entering

X X X X X beep X X X X X beep
5 1 2 3 4 beep 5 1 2 3 4 beep - you'll never make it work

you need to start the code right after the beep

5 1 2 3 4 beep 1 2 3 4 5 beep done

if you screw up 3 times in a row, the radio locks you out- you need to leave
the ignition on for about an hour (so it unlocks) and then try again

hope this helps

Chris Pawlowicz
Stebro Stainless Performance Exhaust
http://cpcperformance.com