Re: [bmw] heater valve in e28 535i

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Doug Dykaar wrote:

> OK, the (under hood) heater valve is FUBAR. The thing goes on and off at
> random. The control signal, as tested w/ a 12V bulb appears to operate as
> per the manual.
>
> Question: Is there a rebuild kit? Mono Valve Repair Kit #64 11 8 390 132
> (http://www.bimmerparts.com/prod03.htm)
>
> CHEAP surces for a new valve? In Canada, eh?
>
> Anybody pull one apart? I figure there is a busted spring in there...

 Last time I saw a busted one, the rubber diaphragm inside the valve
body was torn, preventing the valve from operating properly.  The
repair kit was a new top assembly for that valve body.  I can't verify
your part number.
 Repair is easy.  Car cold, remove 4 screws, swap parts.  Only a
little coolant escapes.

--
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro