[bmw] E36 creaks

Original posting:

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 9:02:03 -0400
From: <serge.maillet@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] E36 creeks and moans (interior)

Hi folks,

My '97 E36 (328i) has developed really annoying creeks and moans coming
from the interior panels. It seems like most of the noise is coming
from the rear door interior panels which seem to make noise when the
body is flexing.. which is almost all the time, with the exception of
smooth freeway driving. The rear deck (platform below rear window) is
also making a buzzing sound.

My car has been modified suspension wise, having been lowered 2 inches
so I understand the ride will be more firm.. but is this a common
problem with the E36's and is there anyway to remedy this problem? Any
reply would be greatly appreciated!

Serge Maillet
E: serge.maillet@domain.elided
 One source of noise (maybe not yours) is the weatherstripping around the
doors. It has a stick-slip motion and makes a noise that sounds like a
rattle.  Lubricate the felt (not rubber) weatherstripping with silicone
spray oil.

Marvin