[bmw] TrafficPro E36

I just installed a TrafficPro in my '97 328is.  I'm very happy with the
unit.  The sound is much better than the stock receiver and the navigation
is excellent.

I'm also very happy with their Technical Support.  I purchased the unit
directly from them.  I had inquired about the Euro Version and whether it
would work here.  They were quite forthright about everything and explained
what would and wouldn't.  I was convinced to go with the US version.  They
also volunteered that they could exchange the faceplate to match BMW's
display color for a fee.  To my eyes the match is nearly perfect.  Also,
they actually answer the phone when you call.  I had some problems with them
later, but I'd still give them an overall 10 out of 10.

A CDC3 disk changer can be purchased from their parts department.

For anyone else planning to do their own installation, the reverse signal
can be obtained from a blue/yellow wire in a 30 pin black connector located
behind the LH Footwell Kick panel.  It's pin 5 for two doors and pin 6 for
four doors.

I located the GPS antenna directly above the vent above the Radio.  It seems
to work well there.  A BMW enthusiast that I trust completely said that BMW
recommended putting it above the left side of the instrument cluster.  I was
reluctant to try removing the cluster and it seems to work quite well where
I put it.

I just hope it isn't too difficult to install the CD<->Radio cable.

John