[bmw] Lights

Kenneth,

After experiencing similar light problems I found a couple important things
especially on cars with some years on them.
Bulb sockets get dirty, i.e. corrosion. Try using a pencil eraser on the
contacts in the socket. Or you can buy a can of contact cleaner at Radio
Shack. The eraser is direct physical contact and works the best.
If this is not the problem as in my case I found a wire connector from the
light assembly to the wiring harness in the car had bad contacts and was
causing an intermittent problem. I opened the connector and sprayed the
contact cleaner (above) and it has been fine for a few weeks now.
Your problem could also be a ground that is not making contact or could be
more complicated but you have to eliminate the simple stuff first.
Hope this helps.
Gary