[bmw] Re: E36 328ic Tire/ Wheel change

I would recommend against going to the 225/55-16.  It will effect a higher gear ratio and result in slower acceleration.  I've heard a taller tire may also result in clearance problems - But I haven't seen this - nor do I know of anyone who has done this.

Mark

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:15:07 -0500
From: Purvis Brad Civ UAVB/DOI <brad.purvis@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] E36 328ic Tire/ Wheel change

Currently I have 205/60/15's on my convertible and I have a new set of 16"
wheels coming. I plan to put 225/55/16's on them as my speedo is always off
by the usual 3-5 mph and this should get it closer to correct speed.
I know that usually you would use a 225/50/16 but that will keep the wheel
diameter the same and I want to increase the diameter just slighter to
correct this problem. Thoughts?